The policies, procedures and guidelines outlined below are designed for general information. While the college intends to continue in effect the foregoing policies, procedures, guidelines, changes may take place in the content or applications to ensure the efficiency and the quality of the services provided to our students, faculty and staff. Best efforts will be made to communicate the changes, but it’s the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of established standards of service, policies and procedures pertaining to the university, college, their unit and area.
Note: In order to have an access to or download the documents highlighted below, you may be prompted to enter your FIU credentials (username/password).
- Administration and Operations:
- Pattern of Administration (POA): The POA describes policies and structures concerning the governance of the college and faculty responsibilities. Specifically the PoA presents information about the college organization, administration and decision-making, faculty membership and appointments, responsibilities, course offerings, teaching schedules and leaves, outside activities, conflicts of interest.
- College Standard Operations Manual (SOM): It describes guidelines, protocols and procedures concerning finance management, human resources, research administration, academic pattern of administration, marketing and communications practices, event and building operations, graduate and undergraduate program services, fundraising and information technology, and the business operations & standards at the Office of the Dean.
- College-wide Faculty & Staff Communications: This document provides an overview of procedural guidelines and a college-wide policy that apply to the announcements sent to CEC employees (faculty & staff), via email@example.com, or its subset of faculty and staff mailing lists (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) simultaneously to ensure pertinent information is circulated to our community.
- Protocol to Request Dean’s Participation in College Events: Please employ procedures highlighted in this protocol if you wish the dean participate in events organized by the units within the college. It does not apply to candidate interviews or internal meetings such as faculty/staff meetings.
- Dean’s Office Event Space Request Form: An Event Space Request (ESR) form is required anytime a unit wishes the use of a space that is under the control and management of the Office of the Dean at CEC such as EC2300, EC2461, Panther Pit, EC lawn, EC underdeck, for an advertised function at the college or Engineering Center, such as seminars, workshops, celebrations, guest speakers.
- FIU Events Calendar User Guidelines. This manual provides guidelines about posting events (i.e. conferences, workshops, seminar series) to the calendars managed by the college or units.
- Academic Affairs
- Large Online Enrollment Compensation Guidelines
- Instructional Overload Guidelines
- Large Course Compensation Guidelines
- Tenure and Promotion and Tenure-Track/Third-Year Review Guidelines
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty Promotion Guidelines
- Professor of Practice Promotion Guidelines
- Research Faculty Promotion Guidelines
- Differential Assignment Guidelines
- Annual Assignment and Review of Faculty
- Default Evaluation Metric Tables
- Default Merit Raise Guidelines
- Access to CEC SharePoint: CEC has employed Microsoft SharePoint group site to help organize and share information more effectively and house policies, guidelines, protocols as well as presentations and templates that are commonly used by or circulated to the CEC faculty and staff. If you are having experience in accessing the CEC SharePoint site or downloading a document, please contact Steven Luis or his designee at the Engineering Information Center.
- FIU Policies and Procedures Library: Visit the FIU policies & procedures online library for area, unit or program-specific policies established by the university. Below is a list of some of the policies and procedures that may be of interest to our community:
- Faculty Handbook: The Faculty Handbook is a guide designed to present general information about FIU and represents a broad array of information, including policies that principally affect or may be of interest to faculty but also apply broadly throughout the university community.
- United Faculty of Florida (UFF) – FIU Collective Bargaining Agreement: Terms and conditions of employment for faculty employees are governed by the collective bargaining agreement.