As a busy engineering or computing student, you may not even realize all the resources available to you. The FIU College of Engineering & Computing has a Career & Talent Development office that is fully dedicated to students and offers a range of services and activities to develop your professional skills to go beyond the classroom and into the workplace.
We invite you to visit our location in EC 2852 to get assistance with a variety of topics.
We also maintain high-level contacts with local, national, and international recruiters who regularly recruit on campus. We host events such as Career Fairs and information sessions to provide an opportunity for you to network with employers about their internship and employment opportunities.
We encourage you to claim your Handshake account, which entitles you to:
- Find your dream job or internship
- RSVP for career development workshops and career fairs
- View upcoming employer information sessions and on campus interviews
- Sign up for an appointment with a career coach, and much more!
Professional Development Services and Events
- List of Services and Available Hours
- Professional Development Workshops
- Career Fairs
- Career Boot Camp
- Resume Fest
- Professional Dining Etiquette Lunch/Dinner
- Federal Government Statewide Conference
Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-6pm. Our Walk In Program is offered Monday-Friday from 2 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Easy-to-read & consistent
- Recommend font:
- Times New Roman/Calibri
- 10 min. –12 max
- Balanced margins & white space
- 1 inch -.5 inches
- Action verbs & keywords
- No personal pronouns (I, me, my, etc…)
- 1 -2 pages (preferably one page)
- Highlight skills and achievements
- Know yourself
- Know the employer and industry
- Understand how you will “fit” in
- Dress to impress
- Be friendly and confident
- Highlight your skills, experience, and interests
- Ask questions
- Follow up
- Learn from your mistakes
Emmanuela Stanislaus is the associate director. Please feel free to contact her or anyone else below if you need assistance.