As a busy engineering or computing student, you may not even realize all the resources available to you. The FIU College of Engineering & Computing has a Career & Talent Development office fully dedicated to students that offers a range of services and activities to develop your professional skills to go beyond the classroom and into the workplace.
We invite you to visit our location in EC 2852 and register with Career & Talent Development. We can then help you begin the process of evaluating your resume and career goals by consulting face-to-face with a career services professional.
We also maintain high-level contacts with local, national, and international recruiters who regularly recruit on campus.
Career & Talent Development is committed to helping you develop, implement and evaluate your career plans.
Registering for Panther JOBLink, entitles you to:
- Upload your resume
- Set up a job search agent
- Submit your resume online to open positions
- View upcoming information sessions and on campus interviews
We also offer numerous professional development services and events throughout the year, including the following:
- Professional Development Workshops
- Career Fairs
- Practice Interview Program
- Career Boot Camp
- Resume Fest
- Professional Dining Etiquette Lunch/Dinner
- Federal Government Statewide Conference
Visit our office to get your resume critiqued through our Walk In Program, offered Mondays through Fridays, from 2 p.m.- 5 p.m.
- Easy-to-read & consistent
- Recommend font:
- Times New Roman/Calibri
- 10 min. –12 max
- Balanced margins & white space
- 1 inch -.5 inches
- Action verbs & keywords
- No personal pronouns (I, me, my, etc…)
- 1 -2 pages (preferably one page)
- Highlight skills and achievements
- Know yourself
- Know the employer and industry
- Understand how you will “fit” in
- Dress to impress
- Be friendly and confident
- Highlight your skills, experience, and interests
- Ask questions
- Follow up
- Learn from your mistakes
|Emmanuela Stanislaus||Leandria Vickers|
|Associate Director||Coordinator and Coach|
|Rafael Hernandez||Victoria Valdes|
|Peer Career Coach||Graduate Assistant|