Registration & Ceremony Details
Reception & Check In: 12:00 p.m.
Ceremony: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Graham Center Ballrooms – Modesto A. Maidique Campus
Registration to participate in the ceremony:
Registration deadline: November 20, 2023
Online registration: Registration is now closed.
- DISCLAIMER: Students that submit registration forms after the deadline stated above will NOT be in the ceremony’s program and may not receive guest passes or a ring.
- FERPA Notice: If you currently have a FERPA restriction on your records you will be excluded from the Induction to the Profession Program and Ceremonies. If you wish to be included, you must remove your FERPA restriction on-line through your MyFIU account no later than (date TBA). Click here for instructions on how to release your FERPA restriction.
Please contact Raquel R. Jones, Community Relations Manager, 305-348-6050, firstname.lastname@example.org for more registration information.
- Ring sizing: Electronic ring sizer for Engineering majors can be found here. The ring sizing location: EC2771 (will be at the door).
Student Packet & Guest Tickets:
- Student packet: Review your packet contents to make sure you received the correct materials. If your ring size (Engineer majors only) is incorrect, your name is misspelled on your certificate or any other concerns, please contact Raquel R. Jones, Community Relations Manager at email@example.com.
- Guest tickets: Your 2 guest tickets will be inside your student packet. Your student packet will be given at the in-person registration on the day of the ceremony. Please make sure to give your tickets to your guests before you enter the ballroom and sit down. Extra tickets cannot be guaranteed due to limited venue space.
What to Expect on the Day of the Ceremony:
- Head to your department’s table to receive your student packets with your materials.
- Check that your name is spelled correctly. A staff member will assist you if it is incorrect.
- Show your student packet to the staff volunteer at the door when you are called to go in. This will let them know you are registered for this event.
- Proceed to the designated area for inductees.
- Follow the instructions during the ceremony to be inducted into your respective profession.
- Once you have your tickets from the inductees, please proceed to the seated area with your tickets.
- You will then present your ticket to the attendee at the venue door.
- There will be a section of seats dedicated to guests.
Raquel R. Jones, Community Relations Manager
Elizabeth Calzadilla, Communications and Marketing Director