Graduating seniors and their families are invited to attend the Fall 2023 Induction to the Profession ceremony.
Reception & Check In: 12:00 p.m.
Ceremony: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Graham Center Ballrooms – Modesto A. Maidique Campus
Registration to participate in the ceremony
Registration deadline: TBD
Online registration: Link coming soon.
- DISCLAIMER: Students that submit registration forms after the deadline stated above will NOT be in the ceremony’s program and may not receive guest passes or a ring.
- FERPA Notice: If you currently have a FERPA restriction on your records you will be excluded from the Induction to the Profession Program and Ceremonies. If you wish to be included, you must remove your FERPA restriction on-line through your MyFIU account no later than (date TBA). Click here for instructions on how to release your FERPA restriction.
- Ring sizing: Electronic ring sizer for Engineering majors can be found here. The ring sizing location: EC2771 (will be at the door).
Student packet and guest tickets
- Student packet: Review your packet contents to make sure you received the correct materials. If your ring size (Engineer majors only), your name is misspelled on your certificate or any other concerns, please contact Raquel R. Jones, Community Relations Manager at email@example.com.
- Guest tickets: Your 2 guest tickets will be inside your student packet. Your student packet will be given at the in-person registration on the day of the ceremony. Please make sure to give your tickets to your guests before you enter the ballroom and sit down. Extra tickets cannot be guaranteed due to limited venue space.
What to Expect on the Day of the Ceremony
- Head to your department’s table to receive your student packets with your materials.
- Check that your name is spelled correctly.
- A staff member will assist you if it is incorrect.
- Show your student packet to the staff volunteer at the door when you are called to go in.
- This will let them know you are registered for this event.
- Head to the section in the front, closest to the stage, and sit in the section with your department’s name.
- Follow the instructions during the ceremony to be inducted into your respective profession.
- After you are cleared to enter the building, you will be asked to wait in the lobby while students are checked in.
- You will be called AFTER the students to enter the venue.
- You will then present your ticket to the attendee at the venue door.
- There will be a section of seats dedicated to guests.
- Due to the solemnity and length of the event, we ask that no children under the age of 11 years old be present.
The Induction to the Profession Ceremony is separate from Commencement.