Event Date and Venue:
Registration Deadline: July 15, 2022
DISCLAIMER: Students that submit registration forms after the deadline stated above will NOT be in the ceremony’s program and may not receive guest passes or a ring.
Graduating seniors and their families are invited to attend the Summer 2022 Induction to the Profession Ceremony.
FERPA Notice: If you currently have a FERPA restriction on your records you will be excluded from the Induction to the Profession Program and Ceremonies. If you wish to be included, you must remove your FERPA restriction on-line through your MyFIU account no later than July 15, 2022. Click here for instructions on how to release your FERPA restriction.
Please follow the instructions below carefully.
How to Register for the Ceremony
- Click on the following link to access the registration form.
- Electronic ring sizer for Engineering majors can be found here.
- You will receive an email with further instructions.
- Make sure your email address is correct. If not, you may resubmit the form with the correct information.
- Make sure your guest information is correct. We will be sending a separate communication via email to your guests.
What to Expect on the Day of the Ceremony
- Head to your department’s table to receive your student packets with your materials.
- Check that your name is spelled correctly.
- A staff member will assist you if it is incorrect.
- Show your student packet to the staff volunteer at the door when you are called to go in.
- This will let them know you are registered for this event.
- Head to the section in the front, closest to the stage, and sit in the section with your department’s name.
- Follow the instructions during the ceremony to be inducted into your respective profession.
- After you are cleared to enter the building, you will be asked to wait in the lobby while students are checked in.
- You will be called AFTER the students to enter the venue.
- You will then present your ticket to the attendee at the venue door.
- There will be a section of seats dedicated to guests.
- Due to the solemnity and length of the event, we ask that no children under the age of 11 years old be present.
- Review your packet contents to make sure you received the correct materials.
- If your ring size (Engineer majors only) is incorrect, please let one of the registration volunteers know and they will exchange it.
- If your name was misspelled on your certificate send an email to CD-SSEC to have it corrected at a later day and time.
The Induction to the Profession Ceremony is separate from Commencement.
The Order of the Engineer is a fellowship of engineers dedicated to the practice of engineering profession. Induction to the Order is an indication of pride in engineering which is a profession that believes in learned preparation and devoted service. Initiation into the Order includes adherence to a creed and acceptance of a stainless-steel ring.
The Order of the Constructor is an international fellowship of graduates of construction programs dedicated to the promotion of professionalism. Those inducted into the Order of the Constructor take an oath to uphold the highest standard of professional conduct, protect the public, and promote the profession and its industry.
The Order of the Computing Profession is a fellowship of computing professionals created at FIU in Fall 2005, which promotes highest code of conduct and dedication to the practice of computing profession. Induction to the Order is an indication of pride in computing which is a profession that believes in learned preparation and devoted service. Initiation into the Order includes adherence to a creed and acceptance of a certificate.