FIU Libraries are working to share stable internet access, more e-Resources, and broader research support for all students, faculty, and staff. Please check Remote Services page for the latest information.
Most library services are still available to the students to assist with their coursework and research.
- General reference service with librarians is available on their website, library.fiu.edu, Monday – Friday, 10am-9pm, Weekends 12pm-6pm. The library liaison for the College of Engineering & Computing is Patricia Pereira-Pujol, email@example.com.
- Although you won’t be able to check out physical books during this time, there are thousands of electronic books available through their website, along with e-journals that can also be accessed from FIU Libraries.
- Interlibrary loan services continue to provide any requested material that is available in digital format. Students can create an account, if they do not already have one, at this link: https://fiu.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html. This is also available via the website, library.fiu.edu
- Their student financial services for assistance with any fines or charges from the library remains available. Students from the College of Engineering & Computing can contact library accounts managers for our college, Erick Garcia, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jude Cobham at email@example.com.
- During the lockdown, libraries have also been providing laptops and mobile hotspots through a collaboration. Going into the fall semester, library will continue this service via a link that we will be provided to students as the new semester draws near.
- Library study rooms reservation system will remain closed until further notice, which will depend on the university’s guidance.