According to Delhy Arias, the lessons she learned in her Master of Science in Engineering Management program gave her the stamina, people skills and management expertise needed to adapt to the changing work environment. With an FIU B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, she moved through research positions and eventually started her career with a South Florida biotechnology company. After 17 years, she has accumulated a wealth of knowledge, skills and abilities to take on new responsibilities and describes herself as “a team player, trust builder and silo breaker.”

The MSEM program at FIU offered everything Arias was looking for. “I could choose from its variety of engineering and business courses to complement my technical skills,” she says.

“I was a full-time student, taking courses at night and on Saturdays. This approach allowed me to take what I learned in class and quickly implement it at work. I finished the program within 16 months,” Arias mentions.

In the following, Arias reflects on her education and affirms that it provided her with a solid foundation to build from.

Read more at FIU Online News.